- June 2012: AIDA Newsletter Spring 2012
2012 Events & Highlights
- January 2012: AIDA invited artist Akio Takamori to a symposium at Tel Hai University, where he lead a ceramic workshop in Tel Aviv. Click to view a 10 minute video from the workshop.
- January 2012: AIDA is pleased to announce that we will be providing 20 artist/craftspeople from Israel with scholarships to Corning, Haystack, Penland, Pilchuck and Watershed this Summer. Click to learn more.
- January 2012: Click to read a letter from Amy Schwartz, Director of The Studio at the Corning Museum of Glass, when she returned from an AIDA sponsored week in Israel.
- January 2012: Click to read a letter from Emily Zilber, a curator at the MFA Boston, when she returned from an AIDA sponsored week in Israel
- February 2012: Click to read a letter from Stuart Kestenbaum, Director of Haystack Mountain School, sent to the faculty at Bezalel, Shenkar and Tel Hai, empowering them to select their best in class artists for AIDA scholarships.
- February 2012: AIDA awarded scholarships to Penland to Amir Freidman and to Dana Ben Shalom.
- March 2012: 7 AIDA artists will exhibit at BIJOUX!, a contemporary art jewelry sale featuring 45 of the world's best designer/makers at the Norton Museum in West Palm Beach March 1-4. Click to learn more.
- March 2012: AIDA will be sending Martha Reiger and Jacaranda Kori to Watershed this Summer 2012.
- June 2012: AIDA featured in June/July 2012 issue of American Craft Magazine. Click to view article.
- June 2012: The Andy Prize has been awarded to jeweler/sculptor Shirly Bar-Amotz. Click to view article.
- June 2012: Charles Bronfman, interviewed by Culture Buzz, discussing The Andy Prize and AIDA . Click to view 6 minute video.
- July 2012: Watershed Center for Ceramic Arts and AIDA will collaborate again to bring artists Linda Sormin, Nan Smith and Molly Hatch to Israel July 18 - July 30. The studio at Givat Haviva, directed by Avner Singer (a former Watershed resident too!) will again be the host site for lively artist exchanges and studio work.
- August 2012: AIDA Scholarship recipient Lisbeth Biger studies pāte de verre. Click to view video.
- August 2012: Inteview with Susanne Ramljak, Editor of Metalsmith Magazine, about her one-week visit to Israel with AIDA.. Click to view article.
- August 2012: Blog post with great images and story from AIDAshed participant Click to view blog post.