- November 2013: AIDA 2.0 SOFA Essay
2013 Events & Highlights
- January 2013: Art Palm Beach: Shay Lahover, one of the first jewelers from Israel to exhibit with AIDA at SOFA Chicago, will be represented by the William Zimmer Gallery at this year's Art Palm Beach
- February 2013: AIDA artist and 2012 Andrea M. Bronfman Prize for the arts winner Shirly Bar-Amotz gives a lecture at the 92nd Street Y in New York. Her most recent body of work, "Happy Days", will be on view at Gallery Loupe in Montclair, New Jersey. Learn more >
- February 2013: Click to read a letter from Jim Baker, Director of Pilchuck Glass School, when he returned from an AIDA sponsored week in Israel.
- February 2013: Seven artists from Israel will be showing at "BIJOUX!", a contemporary art jewelry show at The Norton Museum of Art: Sarit Assaf, Dania Chelminsky, Nirit Dekel, Liat Ginzburg, Noa Goren-Amir, Dana Hakim and Sara Shahak.
- March 2013: Click to view an article by artist Nan Smith about her 2-week experience at AIDAshed's Israeli residency program at Givat Haviva Art Center.
- April 2013: Click to read a letter from Amir Friedman, an AIDA scholarship artist, when he returned from his course at Penland School of Crafts, North Carolina.
- April 2013: Deganit Stern-Schocken, at AIDA represented artist, will be giving a talk at Brooklyn Metal Works on April 4th at 6pm. And she will have a show at Gallery Loupe from April 6 - 30. Learn more >
- May 2013: AIDA sent three glassmakers from Israel to Pilchuck Glass School to participate in the "Poleturner Project". Our goal was to demonstrate what it means to work as part of a team and to develop skills. Here's a letter our program director, Aviva, received from one of the artists we sent - Olga Rozin. Click to read letter.
- June 2013: Two art dealers will be bringing the work of several AIDA artists to 'GlassWeekend' at Wheaten Arts this year. Morgan Gallery will be presenting the work of Erica Rosenfeld and Ronit Dagan. Donna Schneier will be presenting the work of Tzuri Gueta and Nirit Dekel.
- June 2013: Click to read a letter from Asher Arnon, Managing Director of Tel-Hai Arts Institute in Israel, about AIDA's support and scholarship programs.
- August 2013: Click to read a letter from Kyla Talmi, a cermist who teaches at the Tel Hai School of Art in Israel, upon returning from her AIDA sponsored trip to Penland School of Crafts.
- November 2013: SOFA Chicago 2013 Panel Discussion - AIDA Co-founder Doug Anderson moderates a conversation with Directors of the Corning Studio, Haystack Mountain School, Pilchuck Glass School and Penland School of Crafts. Watch Video >
- November 2013: AIDA 2.0 Essay - Co-founder Doug Anderson reflects on AIDA's accomplishments and how you measure success. Click to view the essay.
- Decemember 2013: Click to read an article by Beverly M. Copeland, "International ART Experiences, Our AIDA Art Adventure"